<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d10121704\x26blogName\x3dconservativerebel.blogspot.com\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLUE\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://conservativerebel.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://conservativerebel.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d8506480323418746814', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

conservativerebel.blogspot.com

Monday, February 21, 2005

War Monger In Action

Soldier comes home a foster dad to Iraqi boy

MAUSTON, Wis. - Capt. Scott Southworth took his soldiers to a Baghdad orphanage in 2003 to befriend the children.

Immediately, a small boy with cerebral palsy befriended him, crawling across the floor to sit next to him. Within a few weeks, Southworth knew he had to bring the boy, Ala'a, home to Wisconsin.

More than a year later, Southworth returned to Iraq to pick up the 11-year-old and take him back to Mauston, where Southworth now works as Juneau County district attorney.

The single 32-year-old knew the alternative for Ala'a was life in a government orphanage with little chance of adequate medical care or an education.

Physicians, social workers and some politicians in Wisconsin all came together to help Southworth bring his new foster son home.

Southworth wanted to adopt Ala'a, but Iraqi law makes that illegal. He brought the boy to Wisconsin last month under a "humanitarian parole" that lets him make sure the boy gets medical care and goes to school...

..."I guess I consider myself a devoted Christian, and I finally asked myself what I would say if, someday, I encountered Ala'a in heaven and he asked me why I didn't come back to get him. When I asked the question, I could feel the shame that would have covered me if I had talked to him," he said...

Full article here.


Stuff like this really makes me think twice about not being a Christian.


 
conservativerebel.blogspot.com: War Monger In Action <body>

conservativerebel.blogspot.com

Monday, February 21, 2005

War Monger In Action

Soldier comes home a foster dad to Iraqi boy

MAUSTON, Wis. - Capt. Scott Southworth took his soldiers to a Baghdad orphanage in 2003 to befriend the children.

Immediately, a small boy with cerebral palsy befriended him, crawling across the floor to sit next to him. Within a few weeks, Southworth knew he had to bring the boy, Ala'a, home to Wisconsin.

More than a year later, Southworth returned to Iraq to pick up the 11-year-old and take him back to Mauston, where Southworth now works as Juneau County district attorney.

The single 32-year-old knew the alternative for Ala'a was life in a government orphanage with little chance of adequate medical care or an education.

Physicians, social workers and some politicians in Wisconsin all came together to help Southworth bring his new foster son home.

Southworth wanted to adopt Ala'a, but Iraqi law makes that illegal. He brought the boy to Wisconsin last month under a "humanitarian parole" that lets him make sure the boy gets medical care and goes to school...

..."I guess I consider myself a devoted Christian, and I finally asked myself what I would say if, someday, I encountered Ala'a in heaven and he asked me why I didn't come back to get him. When I asked the question, I could feel the shame that would have covered me if I had talked to him," he said...

Full article here.


Stuff like this really makes me think twice about not being a Christian.