<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d10121704\x26blogName\x3dconservativerebel.blogspot.com\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLUE\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://conservativerebel.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://conservativerebel.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d8506480323418746814', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

conservativerebel.blogspot.com

Sunday, March 13, 2005

If I Give My Soul

Down a dangerous road, I have come to where I'm standing.
With a heavy heart, and my hat clutched in my hand.
Such a foolish man, God ain't known no greater sinner.
I have come in search of Jesus, hoping he will understand.

If I give my soul, will he cleanse these clothes I'm wearing?
If I give my soul, will he put new boots on my feet?
If I bow my head and beg God for his forgiveness,
Will he breathe new life within me and give me back my dignity?

I had a woman once, she was kind and she was gentle.
Had a child by me, who grew up to be a man.
I had a steady job, 'til I started into drinking,
And I started making music traveling with the Devil's band.

Oh the years flew by like a mighty rush of eagles,
My dreams and plans were all scattered in the wind.
It's a lonesome life, when you lose the ones you live for.
If I make my peace with Jesus, will they take me back again?

If I give my soul, will he stop my hands from shaking?
If I give my soul, will my son love me again?
If I give my soul, and she knows I really mean it,
If I give my soul to Jesus will she take me back again?

By Johnny Cash


Not really relevant to this blog, but I love this song so much I decided to post the lyrics since I have no real other venue to do so. Johnny Cash was such a great musician, it's too bad he's not around to continue doing what he did so well.


 
conservativerebel.blogspot.com: If I Give My Soul <body>

conservativerebel.blogspot.com

Sunday, March 13, 2005

If I Give My Soul

Down a dangerous road, I have come to where I'm standing.
With a heavy heart, and my hat clutched in my hand.
Such a foolish man, God ain't known no greater sinner.
I have come in search of Jesus, hoping he will understand.

If I give my soul, will he cleanse these clothes I'm wearing?
If I give my soul, will he put new boots on my feet?
If I bow my head and beg God for his forgiveness,
Will he breathe new life within me and give me back my dignity?

I had a woman once, she was kind and she was gentle.
Had a child by me, who grew up to be a man.
I had a steady job, 'til I started into drinking,
And I started making music traveling with the Devil's band.

Oh the years flew by like a mighty rush of eagles,
My dreams and plans were all scattered in the wind.
It's a lonesome life, when you lose the ones you live for.
If I make my peace with Jesus, will they take me back again?

If I give my soul, will he stop my hands from shaking?
If I give my soul, will my son love me again?
If I give my soul, and she knows I really mean it,
If I give my soul to Jesus will she take me back again?

By Johnny Cash


Not really relevant to this blog, but I love this song so much I decided to post the lyrics since I have no real other venue to do so. Johnny Cash was such a great musician, it's too bad he's not around to continue doing what he did so well.