<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d10121704\x26blogName\x3dconservativerebel.blogspot.com\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLUE\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://conservativerebel.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://conservativerebel.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d8506480323418746814', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

conservativerebel.blogspot.com

Monday, May 16, 2005

Back, Kind Of


Well my visual vertigo has been getting slightly better. I'm able to read little bits at a time and not become too dizzy, but I'm still far away from being "normal" again. I really appreciate all the e-mails and comments I've gotten about my well being, it was a reaction I certainly didn't expect from readers of my relatively new blog. Very nice of all of you.

I've missed a lot since I've been gone. As a country, we've watched a mentally disabled woman be murdered by the hands of the state, violence begin to rise sharply again in Iraq, judicial nominee battles, controversy over John Bolton's nomination as Ambassador to the UN, and most recently a popular publication decided to write an article that mentioned how the Qu'Ran is being flushed down toilets in Gitmo, Cuba (a fraudulent accusation that's already caused over 15 deaths around the world from riots). There's a lot to comment on, but I'm not going to dwell on all that just yet. Instead I'll just begin my return back with a quote we as Americans need to remember while our Military is fighting for freedom in Iraq.

"War is an ugly thing but not the ugliest of things; the
decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feelings
which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. A man
who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which
is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable
creature and has no chance of being free unless made and
kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

-John Stuart Mill


 
conservativerebel.blogspot.com: Back, Kind Of <body>

conservativerebel.blogspot.com

Monday, May 16, 2005

Back, Kind Of


Well my visual vertigo has been getting slightly better. I'm able to read little bits at a time and not become too dizzy, but I'm still far away from being "normal" again. I really appreciate all the e-mails and comments I've gotten about my well being, it was a reaction I certainly didn't expect from readers of my relatively new blog. Very nice of all of you.

I've missed a lot since I've been gone. As a country, we've watched a mentally disabled woman be murdered by the hands of the state, violence begin to rise sharply again in Iraq, judicial nominee battles, controversy over John Bolton's nomination as Ambassador to the UN, and most recently a popular publication decided to write an article that mentioned how the Qu'Ran is being flushed down toilets in Gitmo, Cuba (a fraudulent accusation that's already caused over 15 deaths around the world from riots). There's a lot to comment on, but I'm not going to dwell on all that just yet. Instead I'll just begin my return back with a quote we as Americans need to remember while our Military is fighting for freedom in Iraq.

"War is an ugly thing but not the ugliest of things; the
decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feelings
which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. A man
who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which
is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable
creature and has no chance of being free unless made and
kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

-John Stuart Mill